One of the first Stories that Mark shares regarding Tuesday is Jesus' authority being questioned. This is a good way to start, because Jesus will do some teaching that sets things straight. These lessons and the actions of Jesus from the day previously are going to give the Pharisees and Chief Priests all they need to incite the elated crowd from Sunday against him on Thursday and Friday. Jesus doesn't waiver from his teaching or what needs to be learned from God. And when they question him, he stumps them. And there is nothing like someone making you feel ignorant and trapped to make you want revenge.
And Jesus through his teaching will continue to land gut shots.
- Parable of the Tenants
- Whose money is whose?
- What the end is really about
- What is the greatest command?
- Messiah, again?
- The Widow who gave more than anyone else
- The unknown time of the end
- Anointed by a prostitute
This is what is happening on Tuesday according to Mark (11-14)
- It is unbelievable that the tenants would kill the heir and yet those listening would kill God's heir
- It is unbelievable that paying taxes and money could lead to dissension and confusion and yet Jesus will be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver
- It is unbelievable (to the sadducees) that people will be resurrected and yet Jesus will resurrect himself, thus allowing for all to be resurrected
- It is unbelievable that two commandments are really all one would need and yet Jesus delivers the fullness of those with his sacrifice on Friday
- It is unbelievable that they are in the presence of the long-awaited Messiah and yet He brings the kingdom of God to Earth
- It is unbelievable that the greatest giver would put the least amount in the offering and yet Jesus celebrates the widow who gave all she had on faith
- It is unbelievable that the end could not be predicted and talked about when the assumed Messiah had just arrived and yet it will come like a thief in the night and all because the Messiah will not just come, but come again
- It is unbelievable that such expensive perfume would be wasted on an anointing and from a prostitute no less and yet a prostitute knows better than the chief priests and Pharisees what is important and just who Jesus is and what he must endure
It was an UNBELIEVABLE day.
Because Friday He will be crucified and His words will last forever and on Sunday He will resurrect and give all of creation its opportunity for full restoration when He returns.
BELIEVE the UNBELIEVABLE!!!