I should probably play the lottery or head to the race track and maybe go "all in" at Vegas. Simply because I am the luckiest man in the world. And anyone who knows me, knows why. I married way up! Somehow I was able to convince Leah Danielle Bivins to become Leah Danielle Mercer. I cannot think of a better gift God could have given me. It truly is the gift that keeps on giving. On Saturday, this wonderful reflection of Jesus will celebrate another birthday and yet somehow not another year older. Wish I could do that!
I thought in honor of her birthday I would list 25 things I want to celebrate about my lovely wife.
1. She loves God to her deepest core
2. She birthed Dylan Matthew
3. She birthed Brody Daniel
4. She birthed Brynn Leigh (and yes they all 3 need their own line)
5. She is the most unselfish person I have ever met
6. She loves all children (not just her own and not just the "easy" ones)
7. Her smile can brighten an entire room
8. She has a huge heart for hospitality
9. She gives without wanting or expecting anything in return
10. She teaches Christ with and without words
11. She is genuine (a rare thing these days)
12. She would rather work behind the scenes than be in the limelight
13. She loves the details
14. She forgives quickly
15. She puts up with me (yes I buried this in the middle)
16. She loves me more than anyone else
17. She is a committed friend
18. She cares about justice in the world
19. Her care for others is contagious
20. She is gorgeous (I'm not sure why this embarrasses her when I say this, but it does)
21. She has a quiet, yet firm way of leading
22. She loves ALL kinds of people the very same
23. She is an excellent cook
24. She may love Paul McCartney more than me, but can you blame her
25. She is committed to Jesus completely
26. She has great patience with the kids...and me!
27. She is an excellent teacher
28. She always is thinking about how to make everyone comfortable
29. She is creative
30. She knows how to organize and throw a party
31. She is always looking for experiences that our family can have and remember
32. She knows what she wants and is willing to work hard for it
33. She does everything 110%
34. She has overcome health issues and remained positive and faithful
35. She can make you feel like you are the most important person in the room
Okay, I got carried away and that was more than 25. Not sure why I did 10 more ;)
Happy Birthday on May 14, Sweetheart! I cannot imagine, nor would I want to do life without you! You are definitely God's masterpiece and I will be forever thankful for the gift you are to me and our children.
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!